Wednesday 7 December 2011

Archbishop Chaput of Denver's Letter to the MSM

Dear M. Gauthier,

Thank you for your very kind email, but more importantly, for your witness.  I browsed the hyperlinks you included, and the men and activities of MSM are quite impressive.  One of the real problems in the Church since the council has been the decline of a credible Catholic masculinity and a weakening of our historical memory.  This is the reason I speak from time to time on the ideal of knighthood, and why your own service is so important.

As you can imagine, the demands on my time are pretty heavy – I’m afraid it goes with the work of a bishop – but if I meet men who might fit with the MSM vocation, I will definitely send them your way.

God bless you for your work, and please remember me in your prayers.  I will keep you in mine.

With best wishes in Christ,

+cjc
Denver, CO, April 6th, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment